- About us
- Green Heat
- Past Projects
- Radiant Heating
- Solar Thermal
- Building Automation
- Water Effects Displays
- Hydronics and Steam
At JR’s Comfortable Heat LLC we work hard to improve ourselves every day. We have a library of technical journals, papers and books. We do this so that we may give our clients the best possible choices in system design and quality of workmanship. Below are some of the technical trade shows and seminars taken by John Ruhnke and Fred Cuttitta. We have taken even more courses, too many to list or remember. Business, inventing and college courses that John Ruhnke has taken are not listed below.
-Went to Boston to take a class on Commercial Energy Auditing. Spent three days in class and half a day on a test. Passed test and became a Certified Energy Auditor by the Association of Energy Engineers.
-Went to Rhode Island and took a one day class on Taco IWorx Building Automation Systems.
-Went to upper New York state and took a class on both Solar Thermal and Geothermal systems.
-Went to New York City and took a two day class on the USGBC LEED System.
-Took a one day class on Velux Solar systems in Connecticut
-Passed a test and became licensed as a Solar Thermal Contractor in the state of Connecticut. Filled out paper work and gained aproval for the Ct Clean Energy Fund
-Took a two day class on Schuco Solar Thermal Systems and passed a test.
-Took a one day class on Combined Heat & Power Systems in upstate New York.
-Took a two day class on Robur Gas Absorption Heat Pumps and passed a test.
-Went to Florida for a week of Earthlinked Geothermal Training and became a certified dealer.
– ASHRAE (American Society of Refrigeration Air Conditioning Engineers). Annual meeting and trade show. 3 days of seminars on radiant cooling and energy efficiency in Orlando Florida. I also did some research for a energy efficiency patent that I am pending on.
– Went to Montreal for a few days to help on research for Honeywell’s new Building Automation Controls
– National Comfort Institute Combustion Analysis. We have taken two seperate courses to first get certified then re-certified in Combustion Analysis both in Massachusetts and New York.
– Radiant Engineering. A course on radiant design and engineering in New York
– Wisbo Mini Camps I and II. Two separate trips of 4 days each for training on Wirsbo radiant products in Minnesota
-Veissmann in Rhode Island took a 1 day class on Solar Thermal
– Radiant Precision Course in Cincinatti Ohio. Seminar on radiant heating and controls
– Veissmann in Rhode Island, Two days of seminars on hot water heating and radiant boiler and controls.
– Wirsbo in Minnesota, 3 days of seminars on hot water heating and radiant tubing and controls.
– Wirsbo in Connecticut, 1 day seminar on hot water heating and radiant tubing and controls.
– Tekmar in Connecticut, 1 day seminar on hot water heating and radiant controls
– Taco Pumps in Rhode Island, 1 day factory tour, learn about pumps.
– Veissmann in Canada, 1/2 day factory tours.
– Nex Expo in Canada, 1 day trade show and two days of seminars on plumbing and heating.
– CAPHCC in Connecticut, Every year we visit their trade shows and take a few seminars.
-Certified for both Design and Installation by the Radiant Panel Assoc.
– Radiant Panel Assoc. in Rhode Island, Two different times we have visited there trade show and taken seminars.
– Radiant Basics Course in Rhode Island, One day Seminar on radiant heating layout and controls.
– IBR in Connecticut, Commercial, one Day seminar on heatloss calculations for heating systems.
– IBR in New York, Residential, one day seminar on heatloss calculations for heating systems.
– Dan Holohan Pumping away in New York, One day seminar on Boiler piping.
– Dan Holohan Steam in New Jersey, One day seminar on steam heating systems.
– Dan Holohan Radiant in New York, One day seminar on radiant heating.
– Amtrol in Rhode Island, Two day seminar on plumbing systems, well pumps, and domestic heating tanks.
– NAPHCC in Pennsylvania, Three day’s of a trade show and seminars on plumbing and heating.
– Serenity Baths in Michigan, 1 week on the job training for jetting custom built whirlpools.